It’s a fact of life that many of us have too much to do + not enough time to do it. As a working parent, it can be especially hard to balance the demands of work + family life. You want to be able to spend quality time with your child + family, but it seems like you’re constantly running from one task to another. So, how can you make time for your kids when you’re feeling busy + overwhelmed?
Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Schedule fun time with your child. Put a regular playdate in your calendar + make it just as important as any other appointment. This will ensure that you have that special time with your little one.
- Shop online. Shopping online is a great way to save time when it comes to buying things for your child. Plus, many e-commerce stores offer free shipping + discounts that make it even more worth your while. Better yet, wait until they have sales so you save time + money.
- If you have the means, outsource some errands. If you’re feeling extra busy, consider outsourcing some of your errands. This way, you can enjoy quality time with your child while someone else takes care of the mundane tasks.
- Utilise family time. Make the most of family time by leaving work early + having dinner together. Or, plan a fun activity to do over the weekend.
- Take a break. Give yourself permission to take a break from work + just be with your child. Step away from your desk + enjoy a few minutes of undivided attention.
At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that you can’t be everything to everyone. So take a deep breath + schedule time for yourself, your child/ren + also time for work + everything else that needs to get done. A good schedule can set you up for success + make sure that everyone + everything that needs your time can have it.
Yours in eco consciousness.